heiks

I am currently moving this blog from my .mac site, so posts are from 2006, until I catch up to myself! If you've found this blog, you probably know me. If you don't know me, hello there! I mainly blog about my life in Paris (France) and what is happening in my life as an actor (or actress if you want to be British. Maybe ACTRON is less gender-specific. Shall we try that then?). So, yes, here we all are. Have fun.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Paul Le Guen, or how to perfect your scottish


You may not know this, and I don’t blame you one little bit, but Paul Le Guen is a Frenchman from Rennes. And this is his current job, according to Wikipedia:
On March 11, 2006, it was confirmed that Paul Le Guen had agreed to replace Alex McLeish as manager of Rangers starting in season 2006/2007. Le Guen signed a 3 year contract with Rangers, with the option to extend his stay at Ibrox Stadium. So, he’s coaching Scotlands Premier League football team, based in Glasgow. Why am I bringing this up, you ask? Well, Paul Le Guen is our stage manager's answer to his language problems!
The stage manager for The Clan of Divorcees is French/Moroccan and doesn’t speak English. However, in a moment of panic when we were all dashing up the road towards the monster rental truck, thinking the traffic wardens cicling it were on the brink of ticketing, he started shouting: “PAUL LE GUEN! PAUL LE GUEN!” By using that name, he was simultaneously explaining that ‘we are from France, but we come in peace, so please don’t give us a parking ticket’! Of course, you would have to be a football fan to get it. I am not and I didn’t...

Similarly, when taking the monster rental truck through a traffic circle in the wrong direction (pesky English, imposing left-side driving wherever they went!) and having a lady gesticulate wildly at him from her little car, our stage manager rolled down his window and tossed the following phrase at her: “I want you BEGINNING!” Put that in your pipe and smoke it, lady. As a put-down, I have seldom heard anything better.

(photo: stage manager in promotional action on the Royal Mile)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home