heiks

I am currently moving this blog from my .mac site, so posts are from 2006, until I catch up to myself! If you've found this blog, you probably know me. If you don't know me, hello there! I mainly blog about my life in Paris (France) and what is happening in my life as an actor (or actress if you want to be British. Maybe ACTRON is less gender-specific. Shall we try that then?). So, yes, here we all are. Have fun.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

smells like...


...dressing room drama!
I have to say, our dressing room at C venues is dismal. I mean, it just can’t get any worse. We share the shack that has been erected in the cellar of the building with around 10 other companies. The cellar of the venue is a very hot place. All the beer barrels are stored there, the ice-machine and a whole lot of other paraphanalia that exudes heat and wierd smells. In the midst of all this, the venue management have erected two adjoining shacks for us to get changed and made up in. The next door dressing room has persian rugs on the floor.... and what do we get? The Big Stink. I kid you not - our place is BO Central - so much so, that Steve even brought in one of those dangly air-fresheners that people hang on their rear-view mirrors. Pine tree-shaped - you know the one. Anyway, he hung this thing over by where the clowns keep their unbearably smelly costumes and the next day someone had thrown it out! THEY LIKE IT TO STINK, obviously.
We also did a dramatic Febreze-ing session, but - can you believe it - the smells in the curtains there are so ingrained, that they overpowered the Febreze!

Actually, I just wrote all that as an excuse to put up this picture of Steve. I mean, it’s all true, but it’s not neccessarily interesting enough to warrant a post, right? The picture, however, is priceless.
Steve getting ready to perform. He says he’s really enjoying the painting of his nails before a show and he will miss it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home