heiks

I am currently moving this blog from my .mac site, so posts are from 2006, until I catch up to myself! If you've found this blog, you probably know me. If you don't know me, hello there! I mainly blog about my life in Paris (France) and what is happening in my life as an actor (or actress if you want to be British. Maybe ACTRON is less gender-specific. Shall we try that then?). So, yes, here we all are. Have fun.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Fred at the Fest


I’ve been very lucky to have friends pop by this festival to see the show and hang out... one such person was Fred Baker, who made a special effort to spend one night in Edinburgh on his way up from Vienna to Cambridge to Inverness for a wedding. Whilst the rest of the wedding party were already having a pre-WEDDING dinner, Fred was watching The Clan of DIVORCEES, bless his heart.

He also brought the DVD of Mind The Gap, the fim we made at the Berlinale this year. Good news. The photo above is of him and his wife Sandra, who directed Mind The Gap.

Fred wasn’t staying very long, so we talked until deep into the morning to make the most of it and here is what I learnt. Fred hates when women say they aren’t good at networking. It pisses him off. Apparently, networking is the wrong word. It’s “having conversations with people about your work and what you’re doing! And you are very good at that.”

So, because I respect Fred and listened closely to his 4am pearls of wisdom, I went off the next night to our publicists ‘having conversations with people about your work and what you’re doing’party and decided to try it out under that new title. I had several conversations and for a first effort on my part, it went swimmingly I thought!

Right said Fred. (couldn’t resist that, SORRY!)
Thanks Fred.

(photo: Fred and his wife Sandra at the Grand Palais in Paris)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home